How We Help
Little Sprout Therapists provide the following services:
- Individual speech, language, feeding, orofacial myology, & occupational therapy assessments in your child’s home and/or school setting
- Individual speech, language, feeding, orofacial myology, & occupational therapy in your child’s home and/or school setting
- Group speech, language, feeding and/or occupational therapy sessions
- Social Sprouts social skills group therapy sessions
- Parent & Teacher Conferences (in person/phone)
- Team/IEP Meetings
- School Observations & Consultations
- Comprehensive Evaluations
- Collaboration with other professionals (teachers, therapists, physicians, ENTs, dentists, orthodontists, etc) working with your child
Our Therapists serve the following pediatric populations:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders/ PDD
- Apraxia of Speech
- Articulation/Speech Sound Delays and Disorders
- Auditory- Language Processing Disorders
- Children requiring Augmentative & Alternative Communication
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental Delays
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Swallowing & Feeding Disorders
- Cognitive-language delays
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders/Oral Motor Dysfunction
- Habit Elimination
- Language Delays and Disorders
- Phonological Processing Disorder
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Sensory Integration Disorders
- Fluency Disorders / Stuttering
- Phonological awareness and early literacy skills
- Social/pragmatic language disorders
- Fine/visual/gross motor & handwriting delays
- Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Down syndrome
- Assistive Technology
Our Therapists serve the following adult populations:
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders
- Habit Elimination
- Pre & Post Frenectomy (tongue tie/lip tie releases)
- Lisp/Tongue Thrust Elimination
Each 50-minute therapy session is geared toward advancing your/your child’s goals. Weekly progress and the home program are updated at the end of each session.
Children around the same age and who have similar goals may be paired together to address goals that require peer interaction, including but not limited to pragmatic language/social skills, play skills, fine motor skills and generalization of skills learned in individualized therapy sessions.
Parent & Teacher Conferences
Our Therapists are available to participate in home and school based conferences to update the team on the child’s progress and discuss next steps.
Our therapists are available to participate in formal meetings at your child’s school. With experience in the local school system we serve as advocates for our clients and aim to help your child get the type and amount of services they need to reach their full potential in all settings.
Consultations and Screenings
Home & School Based Consultations are highly recommended and are considered an integral component of your child’s dynamic and individualized therapeutic process. All Consultations are billed in 50-minute increments.
Home Consultations may be scheduled prior to initiating therapeutic services to get a more in-depth analysis on whether therapy is warranted and how best to proceed in therapy following a school screening and/or as part of a comprehensive home & school-based consultation. A home consultation may also be recommended to set up a home program for your child and to allow for ongoing parent/therapist communication when your child is seen primarily in the school setting.
School Consultations are an important component to individual therapy provided in the home and school settings. The main purpose of the school consult is for the therapist to observe how a child’s speech, language, fine/visual motor, gross Motor, and/or play-based skills or challenges are impacting his/her success in a classroom and group-based setting. Following the school visit, the therapist will provide a written report to both the parents and teachers with specific recommendations to address each area of difficulty in the classroom.
Screenings: For clients who are new to speech & language or occupational therapy, we offer this service to determine the need for further testing and to provide additional recommendations. During the 30-minute screening, the therapist will make clinical observations of age-appropriate speech, language, feeding, fine/visual motor, gross motor, and/or play-based skills. Parents will receive a short summary of results, including the therapist’s impressions and recommendations. These screenings are provided year round to schools, daycares, summer camps, community programs and centers, and private playgroups.
Comprehensive Evaluations & Assessments
A comprehensive evaluation and assessment generally follow a screening when further assessment is deemed the next step. Following the assessment you will receive a full diagnostic written report, which will be reviewed with you and the child’s team.
Our therapy model includes a comprehensive and collaborative team approach. A team of professionals always includes the child’s primary caregivers (e.g., parents, grandparents, nanny, etc), teachers, therapists, pediatrician and any other relevant adult or provider in your little sprouts life.
We go the extra mile to…
- Provide high quality services in your child’s natural environment, both at home and school. This means we travel to you and your little sprout!
- Track weekly progress by implementing dynamic and individualized goals most important to your child’s current levels of development.
- Send an electronic note following each session with an update on goals and a weekly home program to reinforce your child’s success with a given skill, between therapy sessions.
- Coordinate with your child’s team on a regular basis to provide updates and discuss progress.
- Create private therapy groups based on your child’s needs (e.g., “social sprouts” where we work on social skills, “sprouting play” to address play skills, early literacy, and more).
We take a whole team and whole child approach. Your child’s team is constantly kept up to date on your child’s goals, their progress and strategies to facilitate success outside of the therapy setting. Your child’s therapist will frequently check-in with your child’s teacher and other team members to discuss the child’s performance in the classroom and other natural settings to help shape each step of the dynamic therapeutic process.
Could your child use a boost in pre-reading, language, social and play skills?
This program has been designed by our Speech Language Pathologists specifically for typically developing preschool age children. Research has established that the children who have pre-reading skills (e.g., phonological and phonemic awareness better known as letter identification, letter sounds, rhyming words) in preschool are the same children that perform better on reading and writing tasks in the elementary school years.
As part of our kindergarten readiness we also focus on strengthening language concepts (e.g., story telling and re-telling, vocabulary expansion, categorization, use of more descriptive language), social skills (e.g., greeting peers, bidding farewell, turn-taking, using language to enter play situations, conflict resolution, peer negotiation skills) and play skills (e.g., expansion of pretend play scenarios, cooperation in play with peers, role playing).
These skills are built into every step of the acceleration program in a fun and effective way. This is the perfect way to give your child more play time, while promoting pertinent skills they need before entering Kindergarten. As an added bonus, these skills will also set your child up for success in the Kindergarten classroom by teaching your child how to form healthy peer relationships, interactive play skill development, and higher level academic and language based concepts.
Accelerated Sprouts services are provided both in a one-on-one setting as well as in small groups. The classes are taught by our licensed Speech-Language Pathologists. Individual goals are tailored to your child’s specific strengths and area(s) of need. For more information contact our Client Care team!