Book Club Week 13: Corduroy
By Hallie Bulkin
Theme of the Month
Book of the Week
by Don Freeman
Color of the Week
Make “brown” cookies this week or go outside and look at the “brown” tree trunks and branches that are now bare.
Find new brown items to share with your little sprout!
Song/Nursery Rhyme of the Week
Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear turn around
(3D Animation English Nursery rhyme song for children)
Letter of the Week
Snack of the Week
Teddy Bear Toast!
Take a piece of toast and add your favorite nut-butter or alternative butter to it.
Take 3 banana slices and add 1 to each top corner of the slice of toast (the ears).
Add one in the center for the toast for the bear’s nose/snout.
Add 2 raisins for the eyes & 1 raisin on the banana snout for his button nose!
HAVE FUN with this!
Art Project of the Week
1. Make the Teddy Bear Toast
2. Print off the Corduroy Feelings below!
3. Find teddy bears that might be missing something and play doctor fixing the teddy bear
(maybe they are missing an eye, a nose, etc).
Field Trip of the Week
In lieu of a field trip, enjoy an activity exploring emotions with your child.
You will learn about Corduroy’s feelings. Print them off here:
- Happy – When the little girl wants him, when he finds a button (on the mattress), when the little girl purchases him and takes him home, when the little girl gives him a new button and calls him her friend.
- Sad – When the little girl points out Corduroy is missing a button, when the little girl and her mother walk away.
- Surprised – When he realizes he is missing a button, when he pops off the button and goes flying to the floor/crashing the lamp.
- Shy – When he hides from security in the bed (after causing the big crash)!
- Confused – When the floor moves beneath him on the escalator (“Could this be a mountain?”), when he arrives in the furniture department and thinks it is a palace! When he tries to get the button off the mattress but it’s stuck!
- Sleepy – After his big adventure around the department store…once he is returned to his shelf he sleeps with the other toys.
App of the Week
Corduroy App (Enhanced Version)
You can get this in place of the actual book or in addition to it!
We are here to serve YOU! Hop on over to our Facebook page and
share your favorite toddler apps with us!
Have fun with the Winter theme this week!
P.S. Please note the affiliate link included with book title for your convenience.